Ahh…summer is quickly approaching, anti Fed Ed Warriors. In some States, EOGs/EOCs have all been taken; graduations completed. In others, this season is upon them. Social media’s been flooded with proud parents and teachers showing off Johnny and Suzy’s rites of passage.
Pardon me, if I’m a bit melancholy. You see, I’d LIKE to feel great for these young people about to set foot into the next chapter of their lives. I’d LIKE to know they would be able to be free enough to be who they WANT to be. Maybe it’s the research, maybe it’s the evidence. I’m not sure. Somewhere in all that I’ve uncovered about the CCSS Machine’s grasp on our nation, I am finding my mom’s heart is troubled for yet another graduating class. I’m a bit angry, a bit sad.
Why? Warriors, thanks to the modern education reform, what you see below IS their future!
Education in America was never supposed to be about streamlining our students for adherence to one way to learn/think/act or believe. It was never supposed to be about chucking academics out the door and replacing learning with skill based, workforce ready competencies. It’s purpose was not supposed to dishonor all the different choices of HOW to educate, either. But, again, thanks to the modern education reform via ESSA’s (Every Student Succeeds Act) mandates, EVERY education choice will face the bridge you see above.
No, education was supposed to gift our students with how to think, NOT what to think.
Education is a NOT a business to be micromanaged! Being educated is a privilege. Being a teacher is a gift. Neither should be governmentally over-regulated….EVER!
Think about it Warriors, every single time the government (and, yes, include the P3s, public private partnerships) has taken natural privileges and gifts away and replaced them with man-made rights and programs with strings to give you something.
What happens? Is the results BETTER than before? Absolutely not! Every single time, what the government takes away and ‘re-gifts’ Americans is sub-par. Where there was a natural flow before, now there’s a dam.
History is a clear marker of the assault on many citizens in this regard. Voltaire’s quote below pretty much illustrates the shift in education, thanks to the modern educational reform from the CCSS Machine.
So, Warriors, how shall we move on? How shall we continue to fight against all that is seeking to rob our students? How may we rise against the national changes we are seeing?
1) We need to remember some ‘leaders’ have not led us well. They have led us astray.
While some ‘leaders’ have clearly sold out to the CCSS Machine, not all have.
We must work with those leaders who are like-minded.
Our ‘leaders’ are merely representing us in their positions of power. They are not mega-lords or demi-gods. Stop treating them as such. Holding their ‘feet to the fire’ is not mean, it’s necessary.
Respect doesn’t mean bowing down, it means being firm and standing up.
2) Remember for whom we fight to protect. This War isn’t for our glory and fame; it’s for preserving freedom for the next generations.
3) Use the summer to catch up on what’s going on in your environment. This is not the time to be an ostrich, Warriors! We know, come the fall of 2017, more over-reach and over-regulations will hit us all. We also know that the CCSS Machine doesn’t slow down just because of summer vacations. We also know that the reform is NOT just for one type of educational choice or grade level. It is a purposed intention to impact ALL choices and EVERY grade level.
Resources to use to sharpen your Warrior mindsets:
1) The 4 part video series by FPE Media. Suitable for all educational choices, but mainly for those outside the public system. Make no mistake, there is MUCH for public education Warriors within the content. Use them in small group settings, watch; discuss; formulate what actions your group wishes to put in place.
Part One addresses the purposed shift as illustrated by the bridge graphic above.
The remaining 3 portions will fit underneath the water line in the iceberg graphic above.
Part Two reveals what you may know or may need to know about data mining as the ‘cash cow’ by which ‘education’ has become.
Part Three addresses the purposed fallacy behind ‘school choice’ as being played out in real time in DC.
Part Four exposes the exclusion of parent participation and how ‘local control’ of education is far from locally decided.
(*Note: a follow up to the FPE Media series is in the works.)
2) Re-examine your position in the War Vs the Core. Maybe it’s time to step beyond where you are right now. Is there more you can do? Is there an area you need to release? Are there others you’ve been working with who will take what you release? Are you seeking others to work with? Is it time to step from attending the school board meetings and speak at them? Are you thinking of serving on the school board or a State level education related position? This War cannot be won from the outside-in, exclusively. We need to consider infiltration. Why not?! The CCSS Machine hasn’t hesitated to infiltrate our school boards and State level offices!
Warriors, our road ahead is long. We all need to be sharply focused and ‘at the ready’ for what’s before us. Rest a bit, regroup; but do not give up. Do not give in. We are the only ones our children will be able to trust.
1 thought on “May We Move On?”