Warriors Against the Core!!
First, I will apologize for the non-successful LiveStream Presentation I conducted about an hour ago. When I did the sound/visual check, all appeared to be working just fine. Not to be stopped, here, in written form is what I shared:
1) Two U.S. Congressional Hearings are set for 9/21/16. The first is the US Senate HELP Committee’s at 9:30 am, EDT; the House’s Ed/Workforce Committee Hearing is set for 10 am, EDT.
2) Both need all the anti CCSS Warrior coverage possible! We need dedicated ‘ears’ in attendance. Why? As we’ve seen with the hearings around ESSA, they tend to be ‘dog and pony’ shows. The results are subjective and NOT objective. Therefore, the agenda grinds on instead of true Constitutionally conducted legislation.
3) I would love to be able to have Warriors attend either the Senate’s discussion or the House’s.
4) By listening and sharing what we hear, we can not only have evidence, but TRUTH! Truth is ‘ammunition’ to defeat the CCSS Machine.
5) If you wish to head up the Warriors for either hearing, please text me: 704-517-3481, or post a comment below this article. If you want to be one of the sets of listening ears, text or post; if you know you can assemble a large or small group to be listening in, text or comment. You can also reach me on the Common Core Diva Facebook page, my @commoncorediva Twitter, or use the U.S. Parent Call to Action Facebook page.
Unfortunately, we have hours, not days to assemble Warriors. We must act quickly. If we want the TRUTH to be as effective as possible, we MUST beat Congress at their media game! Once we have our teams, we can Skype, Twitter, or whatever we need to do to use a united Warrior front to ‘charge’ D.C.
6) If you listen to the Senate HELP’s meeting:
a) Pay close attention to Sen. Alexander’s words. He’s the ringleader for ESSA, champions CTE (Career Tech Education), and is set to head up the re-authorization of the HEA (Higher Education Act). ESSA embeds CTE via the WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) and the HEA.
b) The announcement for the Hearing didn’t specify WHICH Senate CTE Bill, but there are currently 3 horrible ones:
i) S3271, the ‘sister’ to HR5587 (passed in the House last week, 405-5). S3271 will ramp up the data tracking and mining. It will increased P3s in education (public private partnerships). It will tie to Title 1 funding and the School Lunch Act. It will increase the amount of State accountability measures mandated to receive funding. Those are just a few of the CCSS Machine daggers.
ii) S3190, the CTE Health Workforce related act. It will use funds from Social Security and Medicare. It will tie to the Obamacare. It will increase career tracking and amend the National Health Care Workforce Commission. It will INCREASE federal funding; use ROI (return on investment) to measure students. Those are just a few of the CCSS Machine daggers.
iii) S3174, LADDER Act. This is the MOST dangerous of all. It has the fiscal funds already set aside for 2017-2026. It will create a new Executive Branch Workforce Council. Their main job is to create a National Workforce Plan culled from all the ‘successes’ of the States. It will target those who cannot keep jobs, change jobs often, are discouraged, cannot find a suitable job, and ’employment barred’. The U.S. Dept. of Labor decides who qualifies as ‘discouraged’. There’s much more to this Bill.
7) IF you choose to listen the House’s Ed/Workforce Hearing:
a) This is a Hearing for ‘regulatory fiat’ (meaning whatever it takes to get these regulations in motion) on ESSA.
b) The main target is Title 3 funding (used for post-secondary education institutions) on the LEAs/SEAs level.
c) The announcement for this hearing stated that ‘Supplanting federal funds’ is among the regulatory fiat.
d) We’ve been told repeatedly that ESSA was to END the supplanting of federal funding in education. ESSA was to change it to ‘supplementing’. Warriors, Warning: educratic doublespeak in use!
e) NO matter which it is, ‘supplanting’ (aka: incentives) or ‘supplementing’, it’s illegal!
f) Here are the ESSA Final Conference Report references to federal supplanting/supplementing:
i) page 157, (Section 1008) begins. See page 160’s “School Wide Activities”.
ii) page 193 (Section 1012) begins. On page 194 look at the LEAs/SEAs language. Two words, “shall” (as in telling them what to do), and ‘compliance’.
iii) page 291, (Section 1601) begins. Page 292’s ‘standards and assessments’ to be supplanted/supplemented.
iv) page 351, (Section 2212) begins. This is the Teacher Incentive Funds Grant. See on page 359 how States must report information to the U.S. Sec. of Ed, who in turn, reports this to the U.S. Congress.
v) page 407, (Section 2301) begins. This is for ELLs. Skip to page 430, to see what is to be federally funded one way or the other.
vi) page 488, (Section 4110). This is the Activities to Support Technology. Look at the wording. (*Note: this is a tiny section considering how much technology is embedded in ESSA.) Warrior Warning: a tip of the iceberg for the CCSS Machine!
vii) page 498, (Section 4203) begins. Skim the pages up to 500 and look at what the States must do in their ‘applications’ for funds to ‘assure’ the feds!
viii) page 506, under the “Expanded Learning”, funds aren’t supplemented/supplanted here, but SCHOOL hours are! The funding is on page 508.
ix) page 561, per pupil funds for charters
x) page 626, (Section 4642) begins. “Assist the Arts”. Page 627 shows you the supplant/supplement.
xi) page 704, Tribal students
xii) page 809, Education Fiscal Support Teams
xiii) page 940, Title I, part A funds, especially for low-income and civil rights
xiv) page 964, Early education (those entering Kindergarten), especially low-income and disadvantaged
If you need more background:
Please, help me/help you, by getting the word out. Finding dedicated Warriors who can gather this information so we can all share. Thank you! I look forward to charging D.C. on after these Hearings!