Anti Fed Ed Warriors, do you ever get the feeling some folks just don’t like the truth? Sure, truth is not always accepted, especially in the educational reform which has overtaken our everyday lives. Truth isn’t always welcomed, either. Especially when anti Fed Ed conversations reach those delicate issues we do not agree on.
However, Warriors, EACH issue of this educational takeover IS vital! Not one point needs to be called down, made fun of, or, worse, have those on the same side calling each other names.
Every single time we engage in the ‘show me the proof’ tactic instead of respecting we are on the same side (saving our students/citizens from one-way-to-teach-and-learn), we help the CCSS Machine’s progress become a bit more believeable to the rest of the nation.
We’ve been given a earful of news, Warriors..and it has many jumping to some dangerous conclusions.
1) Betsy DeVos’s humdinger of a lie that Common Core is no more.
DANGER! While technically speaking the ‘phrase’ Common Core is not as ‘hot’ as it once was, does NOT mean it is completely dead. The phrase has been replaced with other names. It is a tactic we saw used before ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act) became law and it is still being used. The CCSS Machine is replaying a worn out song, here Warriors. Tune the volume down!
2) Is the news the President has signed an Executive Order to have DeVos and her team conduct a 300 day (and taxpayer funded) study as to where and how the federal government has over-stepped in education. DANGER!!
How so?! Wouldn’t this be some of the most welcomed news we Warriors have had in ages?!
While the Order MAY accomplish some good, let’s look at some key evidence from our War Vs the Core:
1) Assume nothing is completely over or corrected as long as federal activities in education are still going on. Rubber stamping and codifying federal overreach into education are the new reality.
2) IF the President and Congress had already heeded our voices, read our credible evidence, we would NOT need a 300 day time period to prove where the gross overreaches are.
3) Were any of the Anti Fed Ed Warriors consulted about the need for a study, especially at our own taxpayer expense? Will any be sought after to help create a truthfully objective Study?
4) Having Betsy DeVos go over her ‘own’ federal cabinet agency is pretty much like putting a fox in charge of the hen house. Look at the disasters of Duncan and King. Are we destined, as Americans, to continue to see a parade of educrats reign supreme?
5) The elephant in the room concerning this Order? The U.S. Constitution’s firm stance that NO federal involvement in education is permissable. So, Order or not, until this basic truth is heard and honored, nothing will change in what is happening concerning education!
6) While all ears were tuned to the Executive Order to rein in DC, look at what followed: Mr. Trump congratulated the CCSSO (a verified CCSS Machine member group) on their Teacher of the Year program.
(*Note: the TotY is backed by other CCSS Machine member groups.)
From where my research has taken me over the years, this is not a tune any Anti Fed Warrior want to hear. Especially when it followed the ‘hit’ about an investigation into the U.S. Dept. of Education. (*Note: fellow anti Fed Ed Warrior, Shane Vander Hart stated, ” It is certainly a welcome action, but let’s not do a happy dance yet.”)
What We’d Like To Hear:
1) Does the President have the power to make 2017 the year this debacle is righted? Sure he does! Will he use it?! That depends, Warriors. Will President Trump and Congress continue to ‘mute’ us and our truthful information?
2) If we are truly to believe our President wants to end Common Core, he must silence the hypnotic tunes of the CCSS Machine’s rhetoric. From the Vice President on down the line, too.
3) As many anti Fed Ed Warriors joining in the ‘truthful hits’ via social media, especially the #KeepYourPromise campaign already firmly in place on Twitter. We Warriors MUST keep up the pressure. Music is said to soothe a savage beast, right? There is no bigger, nastier beast than that of the egregious educational reform. If we are to change the tune of education in America, we must influence those in charge. The Twitter campaign has been consistently drawing awareness and hyper focus to our War vs the Core. It is a ‘pitch perfect’ tool we can use. The Study’s to take up to 300 days, why not use that time to ‘pitch’ a helpful, truth filled note?!
4) IF social media’s not your ‘thing’, we need as many parents, grandparents, citizens, and students (of all ages) to keep pressure up with their Congress members AS well as our President! Think of Horton hearing that Who. It took every single resident of Whoville to make noise.
We could save our nation millions! Taxpayer funds for those Studies wouldn’t be needed; Mr. Trump could simply listen to our voices as anti Fed Ed Warriors who’ve proven almost daily that ALL federal intrusion into education from birth to grave is illegal!
Make noise, Warriors! Be heard! This is not a time for silence from the masses.
Warriors, am I hopeful the end of the federal overreach in education is about to become history? That depends.
Will Congress end its ties to the United Nations, especially in adhering to the Sustainable Development Goals, where education is an intended ‘change agent’? Will D.C. honor its own Constitutionally binding parameters? Will the States wake up and reclaim their sovereignty and deny the federal intrusion into education by refusing ALL federal funding? Will ESSA and WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) be repealed and re-written to honor the Constitution? Will the HEA (Higher Education Act) be halted in its current re-writing to honor the Constitution?
Will the President acknowledge that EVERY federal level Cabinet agency has its hand in education? Will he stop THOSE Agencies or order investigations into their workforce education plans?
*Personal note: I’ll be on a much needed break for most of next week. Feel free to use the blog’s archives for research you need.